Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Nested unordered lists break ordered lists

Love Paper, but this bug makes some of my documents look completely broken.

Ordered list items should be able to contain a nested unordered list without breaking the parent list numbering.

paper_nested_unordered_lists.gif 

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Soft returns break ordered lists

Lists should allow line breaks without breaking the ordered list numbering. A soft return would be the equivalent of adding a <br>.

Similar to another bug I recently filed.

paper_soft_returns_break_ordered_lists.gif

Re: Nested unordered lists break ordered lists

Dropboxer
Hey there @jhildenbiddle! Thanks for the animated screenshot, definitely gives a clearer image of what behavior you’re experiencing. 

I’ve passed your comments along to the dev team on this, and in the mean time, I was able to find a workaround when you:
  1. Create a numbered list. 
  2. Insert a bullet-pointed list as a sub-category in the list. 
This, as you mention, breaks the list and the numbers below the bullet-points start from “1” again. However, if you go to the second “1”, delete the number and type in the number that should have followed (for example, “4”), then the list should continue again as normal. 

I know that this is not the ideal resolution for you, but I hope it helped to some extent!

EDIT: I moved your second post here so as to keep track of your feedback.

Could you try switching browsers, using private browsing mode, and ensuring that you’re not running any browser extensions for your second concern, and see if you’re still getting the same behavior? 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Thanks for the quick reply, @Lusil!

I can confirm the behavior decribed in the two issues above are consistent on Chrome 69, Firefox 62, and Safari 12 (Mac).

The workaround you provided is better than nothing, so thank you for sharing. Given how often I've often I am repeatedly bumping into these bugs while creating lists, I'm hoping I won't need the workaround for long.

Thanks again!

Dropboxer
Thanks for letting me know, @jhildenbiddle, and I’m glad to have helped to some extent. 

I’ve shared your comments with the dev team on this, but if you have any other questions in the mean time, don’t hesitate to give us a shout. 

Have a wonderful weekend ahead! nerd face

Lusil

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

Hey been using this workaround as well but of course doesn't work for anything in the numbered list besides regular numerals. so if you are on an a. to b. or an i. to ii. you're out of luck. My issue is that I am trying to insert some longer sections of text [some poetry] into the numbered outline and if there's anything longer than a paragraph i have an issue keeping the list going. I love the blockquote feature just wish it didn't break the numbered list! Also after you guys added the muti-colored highlights, this is like the only thing keeping this word processor from being perfect for me. Ideally would like the whole blockquote to have its own number/letter/numeral as well so it doesn't always just look like an addition to what is above. But just nitpicking.

Dropboxer
Thanks for posting your thoughts on this, @runcitergrey!

We are always looking for ways to improve user experience, so I’ve added your comments to our list for our team to review and if you have anything else to add, do let us know. 

Cheers! Rainbow 

Lusil

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Nested unordered lists break ordered lists
6 Replies
5 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post