cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there be Paper and LaTeX integration?

Will there be Paper and LaTeX integration?

Matteo F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi!

Shouldn't the opening of the Paper platform be the right opportunity to build a LaTeX collaboration system through Dropbox?

Best,

M

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Matteo

We’re excited to let you know that we’ve rolled out in-line LaTeX support in Paper. To start editing in LaTeX, simply type “$$" to enter LaTeX editing mode, and use the arrow keys to navigate out of the editing mode or press “enter” or “return” to escape it.

Try it out and let me know if you have some feedback!

View solution in original post

20 Replies 20

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Matteo

This is a very interesting idea! I've let the Paper team know about the request! Out of interest, how would you use a LaTeX enabled collaboration system?

Matteo F.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you for your interest, Kaz!

What I would really like to have in this king of platform is a versioning system which really works, with the possibility to highlight the parts to which each author contributed in different colours, a live chat and a todo list. Another inportant feature is the autofill and a dictionary for the symbols (check texstudio or something similar in order to understand what I mean).

A great plus would be to already have the templates of the most important journals, but I understand that this would not be worth the effort.

Have a nice day 🙂

M

Claus L.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I was just wondering whether such a feature is planned and found this.

This indeed would be great. Since scientific papers are written through dropbox between collaborators, the features Matteo mentioned could really come in handy. Highlighting the parts  which each author edited by different colors could be based upon something like "latexdiff", for example.

Cheers,

Claus

Kaz
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey Matteo

We’re excited to let you know that we’ve rolled out in-line LaTeX support in Paper. To start editing in LaTeX, simply type “$$" to enter LaTeX editing mode, and use the arrow keys to navigate out of the editing mode or press “enter” or “return” to escape it.

Try it out and let me know if you have some feedback!

B A.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi Kaz, I have been using this new feature a lot today and I think it works very well.

I am a mathematician, and LaTeX is essential for my work.  Thanks for implementing it.

Levent S.
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Great feature! Thanks very much!

Tomasz G.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

in-line LaTeX support is great. It would be even better if it would be possible to create whole projects in LaTeX in the future.

john c.183
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

This is a really useful feature, thanks for adding it!

José Pablo Lean
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What packages/commands are available with the in-line LaTeX support? I've tried to use \underbrace but didn't work, so I guess no asmath.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Sanchez Dropbox Staff
    Royi Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?