Highlighted
Level 1

Paper - adding task reminder

Hi,

Paper, seems to be great thing.

However, while tried the ToDo docs, I encountered

That task are missing of reminders.

A use-case for this can be:

Scheduling next week task for calling the insurance company.

Tnx,

Gilad

12 Replies
Level 1

Re: Paper - adding task reminder

Yes reminders for the tasks would be awesome! We could snooze events like is happening on Mailbox. That would be a perfect task management app for me! 

Level 1

Yes that would be great! Task reminders please!

Level 1

Yes. After that evernote will be useless for me. Thank you!

Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's great to hear these requests from you. We will look at it for sure.

Level 1

Would be nice to filter To-dos assigned to your attention as well. 

Scenario would be – A team working on various aspects of website with various tasks (front end code edits to creating web graphics). Certain team members would like to have a defined checklist of task to work through.

Level 1

Any news on reminders functionality added to to do's in 'Paper'??

Tks

Level 1

Initially Paper looked like a neat collaboration tool; however, to be remotely useful, Tasks (to-do lists) need to have someone to assign the task to (easily done in Paper), a Date (deadline for the task) and reminders based on that date.  I cannot see a way of dealing with the last two basic requirements.

Unless I am missing something, we will have to stick with Basecamp to manage work flows.

A nice to have would be a date stamp when tasks are completed or changes made / comments added to a doc.

Level 1

The only reason for us to not replace our main planning/collaboration tool(s) is the fact that this feature is not in Paper (yet)! When can we expect something like this??

Level 2

I think a lot of folks (like me) are looking to replace Evernote ever since they changed the licensing at the end of June 2016.  So far it looks like Paper does everything (mainly) that Evernote can do with one exception: reminders and alerts.

The use case I am looking for is this:

When I highlight any object or text, I should be able to choose a menu item that allows me to set a forward date/time.  When that time comes, I get a notification with the document title and the highlighted text.

I'd be interested in other folk's thoughts about this.