Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paper beta having problems staying connected - losing data

8 Comments
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Paper beta having problems staying connected - losing data

I am attempting to beta test Paper but keep getting the following pop-up error. "Sorry, there’s an issue connecting to the network. Once it reconnects, you’ll be able to edit your doc."

i.e. I can't even test the product and none of my work is saved.  I just locks up and the "Try Now" button for re-connecting does nothing.  Please let me know when this is resolved so I can continue to test it out.  Looks promising.

8 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Paper beta having problems staying connected - losing data

Hey Michael

Are you on a secured network? (such as a bank). Also, what browser are you using?

Level 3

I am having the same problem. It's only on my Windows 10 PC, and it happens identically using the current version of Firefox and Chorme. 

I am on a secured EduRoam network. The network is live for all other services. It's only Dropbox Paper on which I see connection issues. The Dropbox desktop client is live and working fine at the same moment.

Level 1

I am having the same problem.

Level 1

Same for me. 

Perhaps by coincidence, I am also on eduroam. All other web connectivity works fine.

Dropboxer

@Jonathan, Stefan & Andy

Could you clarify the following please:

- Are you using Paper on a secured network (like a bank)

If you are, you may need to ask your IT administrator to whitelist *.paper.dropbox.com to the network.

- If you are using an antivirus software, could you try whitelistiisting *.paper.dropbox.com as valid SSL domains on any antivirus software you have running

If neither of these produce a solution, I'd recommend sending feedback in Paper in the "?" menu.

Level 1

@ Kaz

Just getting my head round the possibilities of Dropbox Paper and have been getting the same issue of staying connected on my browser (Windows 7 & Chrome) and whitelisting the above worked!!

Would be great if there was an offline option too. Really like the UI pity it doesn't seem to translate when downloading a .word version, maybe I'm not doing something right tho?

Thanks 

Level 1

I have an iMac and an iPad Mini 3. The computer doesn't have any problems at all with Paper. The iPad Mini 3 on the same network has the problem about 80-90% of the time. 

I can read documents okay on the iPad, but I can't rely on it yet for editing.

But I love Paper. I have recently started using it every day.

Level 2

Re : Paper beta having problems staying connected - losing data

Hello, 

I can't user Dropbox paper either, I'm having this message :

Hang tight! We’re migrating your documents from your old team to your new one. This should only take a few minutes, and we'll email you when the transfer is complete.

:(