Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

2 Comments
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Paper is showing slow responsiveness. Any ideas?

Hi,
I'm new to dropbox and so far I like it. Ive been trying to use Paper, and it's nice, but it's very slow. When i have a few pages written, typing takes a long time to show up. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I have tried Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, and they all have the same problem.
Thanks in advance for any tips!

Tags (2)
2 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: Paper is very slow

Hey there (@Jose_Jimenez), sorry to hear that you’re facing performance issues when you’re working on your Paper docs & thanks for taking a bit of your time to post us your thoughts here! 

While our team is actively working on adding more features on Paper & improving your overall experience (note: I’ve also made sure to add your voice to the feedback gathered on my end), I’d suggest following some good housekeeping techniques to reduce the overall resources used while your Paper-editing: 

Spoiler
#1. For starters, please keep fewer tabs open. Each tab that you have open will hog up a bit of RAM, so keeping many tabs open will bog down your computer by using up its resources. ...
#2. Use fewer extensions and add-ons or load Paper in an incognito window. 
#3. Delete your cache and browsing history regularly
I hope that my tips are-even slightly- helpful & please do let me know if you have any additional questions about any of the above. I’m wishing you a fruitful rest of your day ahead! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Re: Paper is very slow

Thanks for the tips Jane, but they haven't helped :( I'm using Google's docs and Word online, and they don't have this issue, even with lengthy documents.
I'm sure your people know about this, and maybe they're trying to fix it, but for now we'll have to go with the other options. Maybe in the future, when Paper grows up, we'll try it again.
Thank you for your time.
Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Paper.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post