cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox ideas

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

Got an idea for Dropbox? We want to hear it. Our team will review the top voted ideas, so share them here!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Dropbox Paper notifications to slack

Sending Dropbox Paper notifications to slack

dougl
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, 

We're looking to make more use of Paper for project and task management but a key thing for us is the ability to send notifications (of task due dates, etc..) to a slack channel as opposed to email. 

Is this possible?  If so, how? 

Thanks. 

Latest Update
Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey everyone, this idea has been closed as it has reached the end of the Share an Idea process.

Status changed to: Closed
15 Comments
lukeyo
Super User

Hi Dougl

I don't really use Slack myself, but I know there is some form of integration with Paper.

I assume you've read this?

Luke

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Hey @dougl, welcome to our community!

I don’t believe that this is currently possible, but let me ask around, and I’ll get back to you :wink:

Cheers
dougl
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks Luke, I have. It's still quite a basis integration.
dougl
Helpful | Level 5
Great, thanks!
lukeyo
Super User

Yes it is for now.

What about something like this IFTTT as a workaround for now? Or something similar that targets the emails from paper? If it works let us know.

Luke

Jane
Dropbox Staff

Hey @dougl, I'm just following-up here, as we're currently looking into that internally & we'll make sure to keep this thread updated.  

Wishing you a lovely weekend ahead! :slight_smile:

dougl
Helpful | Level 5
Thanks @Jane, look forward to hearing.
Eric H.28
Helpful | Level 5

We really need this! Notification that could point from @mentions in Dropbox Paper to individual Slack users or a Slack Channel is very much needed! Thanks

Sanchez
Dropbox Staff
Hey @Eric H.28

I’ve sent your suggestion on to our Paper team. Thanks for taking the time to post :wink:

Cheers!
Nirmana
Helpful | Level 6

Agreed that this would be a really useful feature. Hope Paper follows up on the suggestion soon!

Vote for this idea

Like this idea? Vote for it and we will give it the attention it deserves!

13 votes received Status: Closed