Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Sharing To-Do's and Notifications

Level 2

I have a Shared folder with multiple users. If I make a new document inside the shared folder, the document is shared with everyone.

However, if I make a To-Do list in that document and then assign the To-Do's to everyone in the document (@doc),  the users do not get a notification.  It doesn't show up in their To-Do list either.  

It seems the only way it shows up in their To-Do list is if the user navigates to the document.  But this is counterintuative considering the user doesn't know the document is there without a notification. 

Am I doing something wrong?  How do others share their To-Do lists without manually notifying each person when there's a new doc?
Thanks for any help!

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Sharing To-Do's and Notifications

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there, the new tasks should appear when navigating to the Paper homepage.

However, while the folder is shared to other users, they won’t get notified if they’re not explicitly invited to the doc. The shared folder simply means that if they navigate to the folder they can see if new documents were added there.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

Thanks for your help Jay. 
However the tasks do not show up on the homepage, nor in the app, for the shared users.  I wait for quite a while, and then sometimes the task only shows up after navigating to the doc manually.  Sometimes it doesn't show up at all.  Is there a delay in the syncing?
Or.... I understand I have to invite the users to the docs (not just the folder) for them to get notifications, but do I need to do the same for them to just see the new tasks?

What do companies do if they want to add multiple users to their To-Do lists?  Inviting even just 5 or 10 users can get quite time-consuming every time you want to add a new list, especially if you don't remember their email addresses or usernames right off the top of your head. 

Thanks again!

Tags (1)

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Currently there isn’t an option to create a group of people in Dropbox Paper to then invite them to a doc.

I’ll forward this as a suggestion to our dev team for their consideration in future!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Sharing To-Do's and Notifications
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution