Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Task List Displaying Tasks NOT Assigned to Me

Level 5

Hello, 

The task list is Paper is showing tasks that I created but that aren't assigned to me (the tasks are currently not assigned to anyone). This is when I sort the task list by "for me", with the intention of displaying only tasks that are asssigned to me.

Is this a known glitch? Is there a way only display tasks assigned to me in this task list?

Thanks!

Nirmana

Tags (2)
3 Replies

Re: Task List Displaying Tasks NOT Assigned to Me

Dropboxer
Hi Nirmana (@Nirmana), happy Monday; I hope my message finds you well today! 

If I understand correctly, you’re currently looking at the at the things to Do tray on the Paper homepage 🏠, am I on the right track?

It would be worth mentioning that generally to-dos appear in Things to do ☑️ if:

Spoiler
  • The to-do is assigned to you (you were @ (at) mentioned in the to-do)
  • You created the to-do and added a due date, but it isn’t assigned to anyone
  • You created the to-do in a doc that isn’t shared with anyone
  • To-dos that you created and assigned to others 
I’m wondering which view you’re currently looking at, as there are some sorting options that could display slightly different results. Are you sorting by doc or by date? Would you mind including a step-by-step description, so as to re-ctreate the behavior on my end & see the results I’m getting? 

Thanks in advance & I’ll be awaiting your next reply!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

Hi Jane, 

Thanks for your reply and yes, I'm looking at the Things to do tray - either on the Paper homepage or from a screen when I have a Paper doc open. 

Whether I sort by doc or sort by date, the tasks that I created still appear when I select the "for me" filter, even though those tasks are NOT assigned to me. 

Your link above helped, as I see that tasks I create in a document that's not shared with anyone will show up in my to-do list. That's the situation here.

Thanks for your help!

Dropboxer
Perfect, glad to hear this helped a bit Nirmana (@Nirmana) & thanks a lot for letting me know here! 

I’m always here in case you have any additional thoughts or questions, so feel free to get back in touch on our Forum at any time. Cheers! slightly smiling face

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Task List Displaying Tasks NOT Assigned to Me
3 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post