Announcements
Join our talk about Dropbox Paper later today! Learn more

[UX report] Tabs synchronization problem

6 Comments
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 3

[UX report] Tabs synchronization problem

I would like to report a small problem, although really annoying for the user.

I was drafting a comment in one tab but had to reach to some other paper for reference, so I've duplicated my tab with intent to go there to other paper and when I've clicked on this second tab on the "Go back to the directory" button (or whatever it is called) - the site has asked me if I really want to do this, cause it could lead me to losing my unfinished work. Then I've confirmed and lost my draft from the first tab! It should stay there for me and was totally unexpected. It also cost me some time as I had already written pretty fair amount of text in the comment.

6 Replies
Level 4

Re: [UX report] Tabs synchronization problem

not clear what you're saying

could you say this again in 1-line?
Level 3

Basically leaving a paper in one tab caused synchronization process in the second one and due to that I've lost a comment draft there, which I was writing at the moment.

Level 4

i guess i shouldve said in simple short lines

as many lines as you need

--

this sounds like a bug is that what you're saying? you should post it on the bug section then
Level 3

Ain't sure if it's bug really, rather that some good UX logic influenced also other scenario and provided a bad one.

Level 4

well how ya gonna know if you dont post in the bug section?

nobody here knows anything
Dropboxer

Hey Andarist, 

Thanks for posting in our forum. 

I see what you mean. In the document itself, any changes you make are synced across all tabs, windows, etc. where the document is open. The comments, unfortunately, don’t have this same functionality.

I’m sending your feedback to our Paper team, however, so that they’re aware of this. 

Thanks!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly!
slightly smiling face