cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Dropbox Connect NYC and SF Join Now!

Welcome to the Dropbox Paper beta forum!

25 Comments
61 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Welcome to the Dropbox Paper beta forum!

Hi all!

A lot of you have asked and we’re launching a dedicated area for Dropbox Paper Beta!

My name is Kaz and I’m part of the Paper beta team and I’m excited to hear from you all. While we may not answer directly to every thread, we will be actively looking for your opinions and feedback here.

Here are just a few things to keep in mind:
  • This is a beta product, which means that its features are changing over time. You can learn more about our beta policy.
  • Paper and this forum area are only officially supported in English at this time. However, feel free to send suggestions or feedback that may relate to other languages or markets.
  • Please respect each other’s opinions. You’re welcome to agree or disagree, add thoughts or comments, but please don’t make personal attacks or use pejorative words. Our community guidelines are available here.

Alright - let’s get started. Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Thanks!
Kaz,
The Dropbox Paper team

25 Replies
Level 1

Re: Welcome to the Dropbox Paper beta forum!

Beta for an iOS app would be great!

also, I would love for folders to actually show up in the menu on the left. Rather than needing to go to the folders page and then selecting the folder I want. 

I'm loving paper. Can't wait for it to go live so I can use it even more

Dropboxer

Thanks for the feedback Joel! We are working on making a great mobile experience before we share more widely. Watch this space!

Re: folders in the sidebar, thanks for the suggestion! A workaround would be to mark the folder as a favourite! This would show it in your sidebar alongside your other favourited docs. For instructions on how to favourite, take a look at this Help Center article!

Level 1

Would Paper fall along a google docs competitor or Evernote. If you do release a iOS app, I can see how easily it will replace Evernote for me. Is there an exact time frame for it? Btw I'm still on the waiting list :( I spend my time watching youtube videos about it and can't wait to experience it myself.

Level 1

It has a long way to go before it can compete with google docs. But I'v found no better outlineing software. Paper is amazing for that.

Level 1

Paper does not seem to be synced with my computer through Dropbox. Am I missing something, or is it because it is a beta?

Super User III

It isnt supposed to be Lori (or at least not yet, we dont know if they will launch client software). At present it is totally web only. 

PenguinPenguin - Penguin - Penguin - Penguin

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Arrows Counter Clock Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Level 1

We trialed Paper for our monthly exec meeting yesterday.  It works quite well for capturing meeting minutes and actions, but users were not able to get a summary of the actions tagged to them.  It seems like a simple solution, for any action (marked with the check box) that is tagged to a group member (marked with @), they should be able to have a summary just for them, hyperlink/jump to each action in the relevant document to complete, add comments etc.

Level 2

I just wanted to make a note of how much I love Paper. If it had a bit of a framework around it, it could completely replace Confluence for our technical documentation. It's just a spectacular product, and I hate working with anything else.

Level 2

I'm reallly a fan of Paper : any realease date to push it in my team ?

Beta was launch october 15th 2015, it would be great to have an update about your plan.