cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Questions about Dropbox? The average community response time is 4 hours! Ask a question now
5 Comments
5 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

When I scroll quickly on Paper, I'm sent to the top of the page when I hit the bottom

I have an MX Master mouse with a "free scroll" scroll wheel that can scroll very quickly.  When I flick it to scroll down, I expect to hit the bottom of the page and then stay at the bottom.  In Dropbox Paper, when I flick the wheel to scroll, I hit the bottom and then get "bounced" back to the top of the page.  This is very annoying, and I have to scroll very carefully.

Here's my chrome version: 

(macOS 10.13.4)

Google Chrome66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Revisiona10b9cedb40738cb152f8148ddab4891df876959-refs/branch-heads/3359@{#828}
OSMac OS X
JavaScriptV8 6.6.346.32
1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

Re: When I scroll quickly on Paper, I'm sent to the top of the page when I hit the bottom

I checked other browsers, and they're fine.  That led me to realize that I've got a ton of Chrome extensions on.  In particular, I've got something called "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller", which turned out to be the problem.  

It's some interaction between that plugin and Paper, though, because I've never had that sort of probelm with other sites.

5 Replies
Dropboxer

Re: When I scroll quickly on Paper, I'm sent to the top of the page when I hit the bottom

Hey @emosesPatreon, welcome to our forum!

Thanks for the nicely-detailed description of the issue. I can’t say that our team will be able to assist with this, but I’ll be happy to let them know about it in any case. 

I have an older version of this, the MX Revolution, that also has the free scroll feature, but I don’t get this bounce-back that you’ve described. 

Have you checked the Logitech software’s settings to see if this behavior is something that can be adjusted? Do you have the latest version of Logitech’s software? Does this happen in other browsers as well? Does this happen on any other website or app? 

Have a look, and let me know. 
Cheers! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 2

I've never seen this behavior before or on other sites.  It actually looks like it's not specific to the mouse, I tried it again by doing a fast two-finger scroll on my Macbook's track pad and saw the same behavior.  It also seems like it doesn't happen reliably on every document.  Here's one where I get it pretty reliably: [link to Dropbox Paper doc removed by moderator for security reasons]. 

Dropboxer

Hey again, @emosesPatreon, thanks for getting back to me. What’s the behavior like in other browsers? 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 2

I checked other browsers, and they're fine.  That led me to realize that I've got a ton of Chrome extensions on.  In particular, I've got something called "Chromium Wheel Smooth Scroller", which turned out to be the problem.  

It's some interaction between that plugin and Paper, though, because I've never had that sort of probelm with other sites.

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me, @emosesPatreon. I’m glad you figured this out, and I’m leaving a note for our team, just to make them aware.

Cheers! 

Sanchez
Moderator @ Dropbox

Dropbox Paper

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
END WEBSITE FEEDBACK SNIPPET-->