Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

5 Comments
3 Likes
Highlighted
Level 4

When sharing Dropbox Paper link (meeting notes), does recipient have to download Dropbox or use DB?

We have frequent appointment notes (meeting agendas, action items) with prospective clients — are those notes shareable without the recipient needing to join Dropbox or use Dropbox? 

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: When sharing Dropbox Paper link (meeting notes), does recipient have to download Dropbox or use

Yes of course they are @sasegars - just share the link to the doc in question with them and make sure to click on the "Anyone with the link" from within the docs settings. 

You can find this option from within the Paper doc itself after clicking the "Invite" button and then on settings. From the window you'll get make sure to select the "Anyone with the link" option.

After that you can share the link to this doc with anyone and they'll be able to view the doc even without a Dropbox account. If they choose to edit it though they'll get prompted to log into an existing Dropbox account or to create a new one.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

5 Replies
Super User II

Re: When sharing Dropbox Paper link (meeting notes), does recipient have to download Dropbox or use

If you're sending them a link to the document, no account is necessary to view it.

Dropboxer

Yes of course they are @sasegars - just share the link to the doc in question with them and make sure to click on the "Anyone with the link" from within the docs settings. 

You can find this option from within the Paper doc itself after clicking the "Invite" button and then on settings. From the window you'll get make sure to select the "Anyone with the link" option.

After that you can share the link to this doc with anyone and they'll be able to view the doc even without a Dropbox account. If they choose to edit it though they'll get prompted to log into an existing Dropbox account or to create a new one.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any more questions.

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 4

Thx @Walter and @Rich!

Level 4

Thx @Rich

Dropboxer

No worries @sasegars - we're always here to help winking face

If you ever come up with a Paper or Dropbox question, feel free to let us know.

Thanks for using Paper and have a lovely weekend!

Walter

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Paper.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post