Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Why can't I see the index on the left side of my Paper doc?

Level 3

I had a file that had the index on the left hand side for a long time (since inception of said file).  Now, I can no longer see the index.  The file isn't changed, but it just takes longer for me to find what I am looking for.

Tags (1)
9 Replies

Re: Index disappeared for file

Dropboxer
Hey there, @Dandyhand.

Can you let me know what you see when you hover your mouse over to the left side of the file where the index should be?

Looking forward to your reply - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Level 3

I was able to get the index to pop up when I was trying to take a screenshot, but it doesn't just work on hover, like it did before.

Blue bar on the left, white open space to the middle/right.

Super User

Would you be able to send a screenshot of what you see on the left?

Also - have you tried another browser?

Level 3

I think I figured it out.  Whenever I press the "esc" key, it pops up.  Weird that this will be the way to do things now, but I am ok with it.

Dropboxer
Hey peeps, sorry for the tardy reply!

I’m glad to hear you have this sorted out @Dandyhand, please let me know if you are unable to access the index again and I’d be more than happy to help.

Keep me updated - Cheers!

Daphne

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 3

I am ok with pressing the Esc key if that is what it now is bound to, but it doesn't show when you just click on a document.  Tested in Chrome and Firefox.

Also, for whatever reason, I cannot attach a photo with the button below, so I am just putting it in as a photo.Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 10.27.05 AM copy.jpg

Dropboxer
Hey @Dandyhand

@Daphne has inquired about this behavior internally & we have an update for you. If you dismiss the sidebar, you'll be able to see the index on the left. This is currently part of an experiment to help you access docs inside a folder easily & we appreciate all the time you devoted to write us your feedback on this on our Community. 

We’re both following this thread, so please feel free to check back with us here if you have more thoughts or questions. Cheers! 

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

Besides pressing Esc to dismiss the sidebar, is there a button I should be looking for to formally dismiss the sidebar?  Like and arrow that faces to the left to pop in and an arrow facing to the right to pop in?  Because I don't see a visualization of this playing out.

Dropboxer
Hey there @Dandyhand,

You should be able to see an “x” in the top right corner of the sidebar which you can click to dismiss it. I believe this may have just been cut out of the screenshot that you provided before.

Let me know if you have any other questions - Thanks!

Daphne

Dropbox Paper

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Why can't I see the index on the left side of my Paper doc?
9 Replies
0 Likes
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post