cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Pledging our support for Water! Read more

Why do I see "Guest"s viewing my document in dropbox paper? What if my content is proprietary?

SOLVED
22 Comments
15 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1

Why do I see "Guest"s viewing my document in dropbox paper? What if my content is proprietary?

Just started trying dropbox paper and I'm seeing "guest" show up as viewing my document. I'd like to give dropbox paper a chance because it seems like a good concept, but my content is proprietary and I can not allow guests or anyone not on my team to see this content.

-Brooke

1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Community Manager

Re: Why do I see "Guest"s viewing my document in dropbox paper? What if my content is proprietary?

Thanks Tiago. It looks like your settings are ok. What you may have hit is a case where you open this same paper doc from another browser/computer/window (tab) and you're not logged in or got logged out, then Paper will show yourself as a guest.

Could you check if/when that happens again, if you have the same Paper doc open in another tab or computer?

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

22 Replies
Level 1

Re: Why do I see "Guest"s viewing my document in dropbox paper? What if my content is proprietary?

This also happened to me today? What is happening Dropbox?

Community Manager

Hi Brooke, Tiago,

When you start a new document, on the top right of the Paper doc, you have the option 'Share', correct?

If you click on it, do you see the first option 'People with the link can change' and then a link to 'change'?

If yes - click on it and let me know which options are selected.

Thanks!

Did you find my post helpful? If it answers your question, please mark 'Accept as Solution" below so other users can find it quickly! slightly smiling face

Level 1

Hi Ed,

the options selected are:></p>
<p>At 13:33 I had one guest viewing the note. Now I have two..!</p>

Solution
Community Manager

Thanks Tiago. It looks like your settings are ok. What you may have hit is a case where you open this same paper doc from another browser/computer/window (tab) and you're not logged in or got logged out, then Paper will show yourself as a guest.

Could you check if/when that happens again, if you have the same Paper doc open in another tab or computer?

Level 1

Thanks Ed. I think it was that. Problem solved.

Level 1

I'm experiencing the same exact behavior. I've checked my sharing prefs and they match the settings above. How do I remove the "guest" icon?

Level 1

Is this issue resolved? I have the same thing. My docs are highly confidential.

Community Manager

Bob, Marc - did the above solution helped you? 

Level 1

Ed,

So are you saying if I am viewing the same Paper in another instance not logged in, while viewing it somewhere else logged in, I am "seeing myself"?

How can I even see the Paper if I am not logged in?

Thanks!

Richard