cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Dropbox Replay

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: Can I have people commenting my Replay videos without allowing them to download them?

Can I have people commenting my Replay videos without allowing them to download them?

joCalejandro
New member | Level 2

I think this is a very important option to make sure we comply with respecting people involved in a project at the same time we summon collaborators to review their work.

I've noticed there is an option to  make a link password protected... Maybe you could have access granted to view and comment for everybody with a specific link, but block people to download a video unless they have a password. Could this be an option?

Thank you for the help you could get me.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I have people commenting my Replay videos without allowing them to download them?

joCalejandro
New member | Level 2

I already saw there is a Switch in the Share dialog box to disable download and to put a password to enter the Comment or View modes on each video. It is apparently a new feature, and it seems to work, although it's showing some errors right now, I hope it can be solved soon.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

joCalejandro
New member | Level 2

I already saw there is a Switch in the Share dialog box to disable download and to put a password to enter the Comment or View modes on each video. It is apparently a new feature, and it seems to work, although it's showing some errors right now, I hope it can be solved soon.

Markus Root
New member | Level 2

Just to add a few comments:

I see the feature at the file level, but it would be very helpful if it was also available at the folder level so that multiple files can be updated in one go. (most of my files are audio related and one folder can contain up to 20 or 30 files - having to update them one by one takes up a lot of time).

It also doesn't show the switch to enable or disable downloads when you initially share a folder with a collaborator.

When you change a file's download permissions it's also unclear if that affects only new collaborators, or new collaborators and previously active collaborators.

Need more support?