cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 year 100gb promotion

JavierCanada
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello, 

I've got 100GB free with my new Acer computer. The offer says I've got 100GB storage for 1 year. What happens after 1 year if I don't upgrade and I stick with the free 2gb plan?? Will they delete all my storage if I use the 100GB? It's not clear at all and I'm worried to use this offer if I don't upgrade to a pay plan after the 1st year.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JavierCanada wrote:

What happens after 1 year if I don't upgrade and I stick with the free 2gb plan??

If you're over your quota when the bonus space expires, syncing will be disabled. Your files won't be deleted and they'll still be accessible, but you won't be able to add or change any files in your account until you're back below your quota.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@JavierCanada wrote:

What happens after 1 year if I don't upgrade and I stick with the free 2gb plan??

If you're over your quota when the bonus space expires, syncing will be disabled. Your files won't be deleted and they'll still be accessible, but you won't be able to add or change any files in your account until you're back below your quota.

JavierCanada
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks! So if I always stay under 100GB I can make use of my storage (without syncing) regardless if I don't plan to upgrade, right?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Hi @JavierCanada 

Not quite because once the free promo expires your quota will drop to 2gb (higher if you have other increases from places like www.dropbox.com/gs). 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

meemeemux
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

yep. after your promotion expires you will be on 2gb. however I always like to keep my storage at a bear minimum because my mac's old

xRuruu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

can i dowload my 25gb files after 1 year expired promotion ?, or it can not be downloaded ?

xRuruu
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

i already have 100 gb bonus space from buying an acer laptop, then it said 1 year after i claimed the promotion,
but my question is what happen if my Files that 25 Gb on DropBox has  Expired ?, Can i  still download the 25 GB of Files ?, or it can not be Downloaded or it will Deleted ?

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @xRuruu, no files will be deleted when your promotional space expires. You can still access and download your files.

However, any edits or new files will not sync to your account if you are overquota.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    xRuruu New member | Level 2
    meemeemux Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?