cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

1TB limit on pro storage lacks logic

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

If a user needs more than 1TB of space, he needs to pay for a $750/year storage option, up from $99 / year. That is pure idiocy and lacks any kind of customer focus. Some people just need 2 TB, or 1.5 TB, not a business account.

I am saddened to see Dropbox be inflexible and not cater to its users, who in the end are the core of its business.

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Re: 1TB limit on pro storage lacks logic

Super User
Super User

3-4 years ago you get 50Gb for 50USD and 100Gb for 100USD.

Now you get 10x that space (1000GB for 100USD a year). I believe is pretty good. 

I have 12TB of data but only about 80GB at Dropbox. Just curious, why you need 2TB of cloud space?

As a workaround you can purchase 2 Pro accounts, this will give you 2 TB.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

It doesn't matter what you got 3-4 years ago. It's 2016 and if I need more than 1TB I should be able to pay more and get it. Dropbox's next level is $650 more which is ludicrous.

The idea that I have to manage 2 dropbox accounts and sync my files one account at a time is beyond logic; again, we live in a time when service providers try to make it easier for their customers to use their services (except maybe Cox or Comcast). Is Dropbox alike Comcast?

I need more space and that's a personal matter. I can't purchase more space from Dropbox unless I spend an extra $650 per year. Perhaps it's time to realize that this is pretty idiotic.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Perhaps it's time to realize that this is pretty idiotic.

Or a clever business decision based upon the costs it would cost them to host and manage said data?

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I'm sure that if it cost $9.99 per month to manage 1TB of data, it doesn't cost $100 / month to manage an additional 1TB of data.

Plus, the more data you manage, the cheaper it gets to manage said data, hence their offering of unlimited storage for business users.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

yeah, I agree. I think dropbox needs to up the 1TB quota for the pro subscription. I am currently evaluating the Amazon cloud sync with unlimited storage space. I might cancel my dropbox pro subscription if dropbox didn't increase its 1TB quota soon.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Same problem. Single user that need more than 1TB space but paying for business seems ridiculous. Then I am paying for 5 users with unlimited space when I need ONE account with more (or unlimited space).

Time to adjust this and offer something for me and other users that like the service and would pay more for more space, Just not for 5 accounts....

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Ya, I'm gone and so is my company without change...stupid and greedy

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi Yuan,

I'm hitting this issue too and wondered about Amazon cloud sync.

Did you have any success with that?

Can you recommend where to look / what software to try?

(I'm on Mac, but need people on PC that I collaborate with to be able to access files too).

Thanks in advance.

Adrian

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?