cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know all about tools for creatives that work seamlessly with Dropbox, like Adobe? Well, check it out right here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2-3 dropbox emails arent working

2-3 dropbox emails arent working

Jogee
Explorer | Level 3

Hi , 

i desperately need help , Ive been up for hours and cant even think straight because I feel I may have lost all my personal photos and videos. This is a tricky one, I had 3-4 emails I used with dropbox to store some personal stuff around 5-6 years ago from stuff when i was in high school and of when my little brothers were born and much more. Long story short, i was able to login to one of them but i cant login into 2-3 of my other emails and whats weird is it lets me recreate a completely new account with the emails I used but they should already be taken? Whats more is I logged into my ipad from all those years ago but when i went onto dropbox, one of my emails was still being used but when i connected to my new wifi on that old ipad of mine , it logged me out of that dropbox, please is there anyway i can recover those emails , if i can call or email dropbox support directly, i feel i can talk to them better on call, im pretty sure i even remember the password from all those years.

Thanks in advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2-3 dropbox emails arent working

Jay
Dropboxer
If the account was deactivated, you would have received an email informing you of this, and giving you a chance to login to keep the account active.

If it wasn't accessed, then when it was deactivated, the files would have been deleted from the servers. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to recover the files.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on this matter.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropboxer
Hi @Jogee, thanks for posting on the Community!

If you were able to create a new account with the same email, it means that the original account is no longer active.

This could be because it was deleted, or if it was deactivated due to lack of activity, if it was accessed for over 12 months.

If this was the case, then it wouldn't be possible to recover the account or the data within, unfortunately.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Jogee
Explorer | Level 3
Is there no way of retrieving the files even by paying? Were they not saved somewhere at all ?

Mark
Super User II

No, sorry. 

Once accounts are removed the data is all deleted.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Jay
Dropboxer
If the account was deactivated, you would have received an email informing you of this, and giving you a chance to login to keep the account active.

If it wasn't accessed, then when it was deactivated, the files would have been deleted from the servers. Unfortunately, it wouldn't be possible to recover the files.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful on this matter.

Jay
dropbox.com/support

View solution in original post

Poll
Do you work or study in the creative industry? If so, which area?
If you use Adobe, don't forget to check out our latest integrations update here.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
    Jogee Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?