Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 dropbox business accounts?

Rachel M.27 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Is it possible to have 2 business accounts? And link them both to 1 personal account?

7 Replies 7

Re: 2 dropbox business accounts?

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Doubt it.
Do you have a dropbox-for-business account ? (DfB)

Super User II
Super User II

You can have two Business accounts, but you can only link one to your computer (one per computer user, technically). You're able to link a Business account to one Pro or Basic account, but you cannot link multiple Business accounts.

Dave C.5 New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is it possible to have 2 business accounts?

YES

And link them both to 1 personal account?

NO

A personal account is paired with a business account via the business account web site, this uses up that personal accounts pairing ability.

While DB allow you to only run one personal, or business, or paired business & personal account per windows user, windows does posses the ability to run other windows users applications from your windows user account.

By launching the other windows user profiles dropbox.exes with the RUNAS command.

I am running 2 x DfB & Personal paired (different personal accounts) and 1 x Personal account, all from my windows user session.

Andy Z.1 New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I found this suggestions (from 2012!) which works like a charm (for me on a Yosemite mac). A bit of a hack but my problem at least is solved.

http://theterran.com/blog/2012/6/14/use-two-dropbox-accounts-on-one-computer.html#fn%3A3=

Thanks all,

az

Aisling W. New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi All,

Just to be clear on this situation.

I currently have 1 Business Drop box Account and 1 Personal Account which are both paired and linked to my computer.

I am about to begin work for another customer who also wishes to use Dropbox Business. I will have a different email address when working for this customer. Can I set up a 2nd Business account ?  And is the only way I will be able to access this second Business Dropbox account is via the web by changing my sign in details ? 

Thanks

Aisling

Super User II
Super User II

Can I set up a 2nd Business account ?

Yes, but you will not be able to add that account to the same user account on your computer. You can only have one business and/or one personal account installed per computer user account.

And is the only way I will be able to access this second Business Dropbox account is via the web by changing my sign in details ? 

Yes, unless you install it under a second user account on your computer.

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Aisling W., What I do might possibly work for you: Have "other customer" (lucky you!) open their own DfB (Dropbox for Business) account and create one or more shared-folders with you.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?