cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Licence Key I bought from Amazon isn't working. What can I do?

Highlighted

A Licence Key I bought from Amazon isn't working. What can I do?

Explorer | Level 3

Pls help, I have been a loyal DB subscriber for our foundation and  I had bought these License Key form Amazon in 2018 but they now don't work and I am really up for renewal. it says Key is invalid. Please help. These are all paid through Amazon and we have also gifted another one. I am worried since we paid for these and won't be able to get it refunded. I am unaware if these were supposed to be used but I was waiting for the previous license key to be finished so I tried adding today. Kindly help, please. very worried.

Thank you.

11 Replies 11
Highlighted

Re: License Key

Super User II

You will need to contact support at www.dropbox.com/support for help. 

You may also want to speak to Amazon about what the T&C's were for them - most of the licence keys they sell are valid for 1 year. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
Amazon won’t help they said dropbox should be able to solve this since they never told me it would expire so I didn’t stack the license keys when u inputted the first ones.

How do I get in touch support?
Highlighted

Super User II

@kjblessings wrote:
How do I get in touch support?

Follow the link Mark included in his reply while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, and you'll see an option for billing issues.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I am having the same problem. I did what was suggested above but it just goes into a loop, I can't find a way to actually send in a support ticket or email anyone. Chat is useless. I have a code from amazon that should work, but when I went to use it, it says the license key has been invalidated and to contact support. I need to get in touch with someone at dropbox to resolve this. Thank you.

Highlighted

Super User II

The only way is via the links already given. 

If you cannot do so on your plan try going while logged out. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I did that too. I can't find a way to submit a support ticket under Billing issues. It says community or chat. The chat is a computer which is useless. Can you send me the link to the page you're referring to (once signed out of dropbox). Thanks.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hello there @HolyEmkoSan, thanks for nudging us on this thread. 

I'd be happy to help look into this with you, but just to make sure that we're on the same page, could you send me a screenshot (without any personal info, including the license key itself) of the error message?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

@Lusil I have the exact same problem with an Amazon key purchased in 2018.

But I don't know how to send you a message with the screenshot.

--Karl

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Dropbox gave me a new key, I had to send them screenshots of my proof of purchase and the key I purchased. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?