cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

A disturbing email I recieved

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hello, I have received an email from Dropbox which is driving me crazy! They're saying that, in less than thirty days, I will loose 48GB promotion I had with my Samsung device unless I upgrade to Dropbox Pro.

First of all, I did not know about any Samsung promotions. when I signed up with Dropbox, I fulfilled certain requirements which earned me 50GB FREE FOR LIFE!!! There was NO CATCH, NO PROMOTION!! these requirements include downloading the software on my PC, getting the app, referring someone else, etc. Why in the World am I loosing my space??? This is Frustrating. Someone explain this to me!!

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Re: A disturbing email I recieved

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

Odds are that email is a hoax.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

That's what I thought, but when I logged in to my account my notification tab said a similar thing. I wonder if they're talking about the carousel app

Highlighted

Experienced Collaborator | Level 12

It may be that you signed up With the initial "promotional" 48G + 2G but it was not clear that the

promotional space was limited to a 1 year time period.  Did you sign up 11 months ago?

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Hi 

I too am getting the same stupid message that's worrying me too. I've had dropbox over 55GB for years, just like you.

Problem is, I got a new phone and it say that my upgrade is expiring, and I'll lose all my space.

I was awarded the extra space years ago, before anyone even knew what dropbox was. Please help alleviate my fear Dropbox, that I'm going to lose the space I have been given because I connected my phone to my original dropbox account!!???????

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Finally!! I'm not the only one! There was never a promotion from the beginning. I've had Dropbox for about two years and my entire life is in it. They can't do this!! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

></p>

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi Nathanael, 

If you had an eligible Samsung device and completed the necessary steps you would have been able to claim the promotional 48GB of space. 

This space was not for life, and the expiration date depends on the type of device you have. 

You can see how much space you have earned by clicking on "View all space earned" here: 

https://www.dropbox.com/account#persona

You can read about what happens when your promotion expires here 

Hope that helps!

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

They can't do this!! 

They can. Because when you set up the Promotion (by following the prompts on the phone) you accepted and agreed the T&C's that stated it would happen.

Dropbox have never offered 50gb for free. You've misread it. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
<b>We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now <a href="https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Business-Tips-tricks/Folder-structure-best-practice/m-p/428456#M39"><u>check it out here</u></a>.</b>

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?