cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARE THESE ROBOTS OR HUMANS THAT JUST BILLED ME $200 DURING XMAS?

ARE THESE ROBOTS OR HUMANS THAT JUST BILLED ME $200 DURING XMAS?

Gabrielamateo24
New member | Level 2

What the actual **bleep**.

I disconnect for two days to be with my family and I open my email to see a NEGATIVE BANK ACCOUNT because I have ticked Dropbox's Terms&Conditions three weeks ago in the frenzy of December.

Has anyone been able te receive a full refund?

I don't think most people can afford $200 for file sharing and download during a pandemic. I think it's highly irresponsible they don't warn or email this charge is going to go through. 

How can you reach contact support faster?

5 Replies 5

Re: ARE THESE ROBOTS OR HUMANS THAT JUST BILLED ME $200 DURING XMAS?

Mark
Super User II

Its automated - as most billing systems are. 

It isnt unexpected - it told you it was going to do so, you agreed to it multiple times upon sign up. It also EMAILS you to tell you it is going to charge you. 

Refunds are against the T&Cs but you can try logging a ticket for support at https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/payments-billing/refund

Please remember, however, Dropbox do not work weekends so nothing will be picked up until Monday at the earliest and this depends upon any rolled over bank holidays from today. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Gabrielamateo24
New member | Level 2

Hi Mark thanks for the response.

What are the steps for reimbursement?

Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@Gabrielamateo24 wrote:
What are the steps for reimbursement?

As Mark stated and linked to above, payments for Dropbox subscriptions are typically non-refundable. The only way to know if you're eligible for a refund is to contact Support.

Gabrielamateo24
New member | Level 2

@Rich 

How can I contact support? Do I have to wait until Monday?

I don't have $200, my bank account is negative and this causes a lot of problems for me. I checked my email and there was a notification email when the first attempt came through and my bank was protecting going into negative. 

I need this money and it is extremely upsetting to get robot like responses from a human who also lived the 2020 and should understand that we are all suffering from anxiety from economic stress.

Can you help me in a normal way to contact support? I have two 'tickets' and it just seems like a highly stressful system considering it is just Saturday and Monday my bank will be adding more and more fees due to you lack of humanity.

Please help me without complicating me

Rich
Super User II

@Gabrielamateo24 wrote:

How can I contact support? Do I have to wait until Monday?

You can find the support options available to you on the Support page. If you visit the page while you're NOT signed in to a Dropbox account, including these forums, you'll see an option for billing issues.

Support is not available on weekends, so they will begin to respond to open tickets when they return, likely on Monday. This does not guarantee that you'll get a response on Monday. If you have an open ticket, you just need to be patient and await a response. There's no other way to reach Support. Also note that opening multiple tickets may slow down the response time.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?