cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access account

Access account

sigridtorrekens
New member | Level 2

Hello, 

In 2013 I opened a Dropbox account, put some pictures and documents in it, linked it to a laptop. Never used it afterwards.

Now I want to get rid op the old laptop, and noticed there was a file Dropbox, realised it has pictures I want to keep, but I cannot access the account. I have installed Dropbox on my laptop, with the same e-mailadress as in 2013, but can't find any pictures. I still have the mail from 2013 in my inbox to welcome me to Dropbox: 

sigridtorrekens_0-1613649963467.png

How do I get access to the pictures I have posted on Dropbox?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Access account

Rich
Super User II

@sigridtorrekens wrote:

In 2013 I opened a Dropbox account, put some pictures and documents in it, linked it to a laptop. Never used it afterwards.

If your account was idle for more than a year, it was likely deleted due to inactivity and you're now signed in to a new, empty account. Unfortunately, once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files within it can be recovered.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

@sigridtorrekens wrote:

If your account was idle for more than a year, it was likely deleted due to inactivity and you're now signed in to a new, empty account. Unfortunately, once an account has been deleted, neither the account nor the files within it can be recovered.

View solution in original post

Danish Ahmed
New member | Level 2
I have a installed my phone in Dropbox but I can’t access not them I was click Dropbox but not is upen so how can I upen my account
I am login other page not upen my account problem off sum verification puzzle code but not to access so can I upen my account in drop box

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hello @Danish Ahmed, we'd be more than happy to help. 

Could you clarify if you are having trouble with CAPTCHA?

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?