cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access old files from partner

Highlighted

Access old files from partner

Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I am trying to access photos and video of a wedding that my partner Ken and I went to in Singapore in 2018. I am unable to access these photos and videos as Ken passed away suddenly in an accident. I have tried to contact Dropbox support directly but there doesn't seem to be a link to get to this to a Dropbox representative.

I would so dearly love to access these but do not have access to my partner's email or account details. Does anyone know what I can do in this situation? Thank you in advance!

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Access old files from partner

Super User II

@CNewell wrote:

I would so dearly love to access these but do not have access to my partner's email or account details. Does anyone know what I can do in this situation?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Dropbox will only provide you with access to the data in a deceased person's account if you can show that you have a legal right to access their files. You can submit a request to the Dropbox Legal Department.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response.

I don't have anything legal as he passed away unexpectedly.

He shared with me a link and I want to view these photos. However, when I press on the link, it comes up as an error. Is there anyway that I can still view these photos with that link?

Thank you

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hello there,

Apologies for following this up again. I would still love to access the photos that my deceased partner had sent to me in 2015. However, the link does not work. Is there any way I could access and download the photos? I do not have any legal rights as my partner had suddenly passed away before we were able to do anything officially. I look forward to your consideration. Thank you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?