cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to account from past employee

Access to account from past employee

jlittrel
Explorer | Level 4

Hi,

We received an annual charge to our corporate AMEX card but do not have access to the dropbox account because it is under an old employee, Andie Snider. I tried forget password to get access but an email was not sent to her email, [removed per the Community's Guidelines] to reset. Can someone please look up her name/email to confirm she does have an account and that we are charged for an upgraded dropbox? If there is an existing account then we need to access it and switch point of contact please. Thanks, Jeanine Littrel, [removed per the Community's Guidelines]

7 Replies 7

Re: Access to account from past employee

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @jlittrel, thanks for posting your questions here. 

Due to account-specific information needed to see whether the billing information given matches the account you're looking at, you'll have to contact our team through a ticket. 

You can submit one from this link, using an incognito window, without signing in to your account. 

Once you do this, let me know the ID (eg. #1234567) associated with it, so that I can have a look into this for you.

As for the password reset email, have you also had a look through the Spam folder?

Check this out and let me know of any updates. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jlittrel
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks! This is good info to have. We were able to get in touch with the past employee to confirm password so we are all good with that. However, is it possible to transfer the "large file" upgrade to my account versus having to continue to use it under her name and email?

Lusil
Dropboxer

Just to make sure that we're on the same page, do you want to transfer the contents of the account or the subscription?

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

jlittrel
Explorer | Level 4

Yes, I would like to move all the files and account subscription over to [removed per the Community's Guidelines] account. Then we can close the one under [removed per the Community's Guidelines].

Walter
Dropboxer

I'm afraid transferring subscriptions between accounts is not an option @jlittrel.

You can either change the email on the wrongly upgraded account's settings itself or cancel it and then upgrade the correct one. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

jlittrel
Explorer | Level 4

Ah ok. Thank you.

Walter
Dropboxer

No worries @jlittrel; I'm glad I could clear this up for you.

Take care and see you around the Community!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?