cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn all about apps and Dropbox integrations to make working from home easy here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accessing an old drop box account

Accessing an old drop box account

SerrenaAJ
New member | Level 2

I had an old drop box account associated with my pervious job email address. I do not have access to that email but would like to access those files. How can I go about resetting my password and have the reset password link go to a new email address? 

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @SerrenaAJ,

Unfortunately, without at least one of: your old Dropbox account password or access to the old e-mail account, you can't do anything and your account is lost. :disappointed_relieved: Sorry!

Lusil
Dropboxer

Hi there @SerrenaAJ

Let's see what we can find!

If you don't have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, but you remember your password, you should still be able to log in to your Dropbox account. 

If you are, change your email address to one that you do have access to following the steps shown here.

However, if you don't remember the password either, see if you’re still signed in on a computer or mobile device to open your account from there. 

Let me know how it goes!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
How do you get refocussed while working from home? Do you find any of these options keep you from getting distracted?
Need more support?