cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing multiple accounts

Highlighted

Accessing multiple accounts

New member | Level 2

Hi, I work with a number of different businesses.  One of my businesses uses dropbox as it's main storage/file sharing facility and it works really well on my Mac.  So much so that i've just convinced another business to do the same.  However this means I now need to access two business and one personal account on my Mac.  Is this possible?  If not it looks like i'll be cancelling one account and using a competitor.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Accessing multiple accounts

Dropboxer
Hey @Barry9559, thanks for reaching out on the Dropbox Community!

While what you’d like to achieve isn’t entirely possible, we’ve previously had a similar discussion here; let me slight rephrase these pointers. 

You can link your personal & work Dropbox accounts online & sync both on your Mac, though it’s not currently possible to do so for two Business accounts. You can store the two separate Dropbox Business accounts on different user profiles on the same device however. 

I hope this helps to a certain extent; please let me know how you get on! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @Barry9559, thanks for reaching out on the Dropbox Community!

While what you’d like to achieve isn’t entirely possible, we’ve previously had a similar discussion here; let me slight rephrase these pointers. 

You can link your personal & work Dropbox accounts online & sync both on your Mac, though it’s not currently possible to do so for two Business accounts. You can store the two separate Dropbox Business accounts on different user profiles on the same device however. 

I hope this helps to a certain extent; please let me know how you get on! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks Jane.  You've answered my question.  Sadly it appears I am going to have to look elsewhere as Dropbox doesn't offer the solution I need.  I am surprised as I can't be the only one with multiple businesses and changing between user accounts isn't practical for me longer term.  Thank you  

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Barry9559; I have now painted a clearer picture. 

There’s currently an open Idea on this request, and you could upvote it if this functionality is important for your current workflow. Positive or negative, everything you're sending us over helps us better understand your needs. 

I’m always here if there’s anything else I can do for you! 

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?