cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing original dropbox information

Accessing original dropbox information

Kristee
New member | Level 2

I had a dropbox account that I was using for my organization but it has been inactive since October 2018 and I have forgotten the password.

Another person who is part of my organization not knowing that there was already an account set up another one it seemed in January  2021 in order to load pictures for us to share. 

As I came to dropbox today, I thought I was updating the password for the original organizational account from 2018.  However,

Dropbox instead connected the new password to this 2021 account.

Now as I access the account I can ONLY see the folder loaded in January 2021, NOT all the other files and documents that were there in 2018.  What's going on??

2 Replies 2

Re: Accessing original dropbox information

Mark
Super User II

I'm afraid that the old 2018 account has been removed and deleted - accounts which are inactive are deleted after a year. You are sent lots and lots of emails before this happens.

So, when you've logged in again youve actually not, you have created a new account. 

It isnt possible now to get the old account back. 

https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/settings-sign-in/email-about-inactive-account

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Accessing original dropbox information

Kristee
New member | Level 2

OMG...I am sooooooo disappointed.  Thank you however for letting me know.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?