cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidentally deleted dropbox business account

Highlighted

Accidentally deleted dropbox business account

Explorer | Level 3

I was in the process of setting up a new laptop and inadvertently unlinked my personal & business accounts! 

It seems that both accounts have now been made ino "personal" accounts and i cannnot toggle between the two in file explorer. Now only 1 account is visble in file explorer at all. In fact, the only way i can now view both accounts is to log out of one and log into another via a brower. Very concerning.

Does anyone know how can i re configure back to my previous setup? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Accidentally deleted dropbox business account

Dropboxer
Hey there (@daz_e), as you’ve mentioned that you were "receiving the Business side of your Dropbox accounts for free," then I’m assuming that you had created a Free Team, am I on the right track? If so, kindly note that you will not be able to return back to your previous setup in case you wish to revert this action, as it’ no longer possible to create any new Free Teams. 

I understand that this may not be ideal to you at the moment however I hope that this brings a bit of clarity on your initial question. I’m always here in case you have any follow-up inquiries; please feel free to ping me on this discussion & I’ll touch base with you asap! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II

Have you linked them back together as per this article?

Note that if one has downgraded from Business you will need to reupgrade it first before you can link them. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Thanks. Previously i was receiving the business side of my dropbox accounts for free. If i have to upgrade will it now cost money? 

Can i get back somehow to my previous status wher they were both free and linked?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there (@daz_e), as you’ve mentioned that you were "receiving the Business side of your Dropbox accounts for free," then I’m assuming that you had created a Free Team, am I on the right track? If so, kindly note that you will not be able to return back to your previous setup in case you wish to revert this action, as it’ no longer possible to create any new Free Teams. 

I understand that this may not be ideal to you at the moment however I hope that this brings a bit of clarity on your initial question. I’m always here in case you have any follow-up inquiries; please feel free to ping me on this discussion & I’ll touch base with you asap! 

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?