cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accidentally purchased a yearly subscription

Accidentally purchased a yearly subscription

haojiejiang
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

hi,I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription instead of a monthly subscription. 

English is not my mother language,thats the main reason I failed to understand the information on DB website when I was trying to register my account.

I live in Australia temporaryly now.

AS an individual user ,All I need is just a economic  account  so that I can share something with my friends. But over AU$1000 is taken from me this morning ,which surperised me so much. I can never afford this price, and thats almost half of my whole money.

what should I do to deal with this ?

Could anyone help me please ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
For that price you havent just accidentally taken a yearly subscription, you've taken out a business one on a yearly plan.

You need to contact support at www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com to get it resolved, if it is possible to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@haojiejiang wrote:

hi,I accidentally purchased a yearly subscription instead of a monthly subscription. 

English is not my mother language,thats the main reason I failed to understand the information on DB website when I was trying to register my account.

AS an individual user ,All I need is just a economic  account  so that I can share something with my friends. But over AU$1000 is taken from me this morning ,which surperised me so much. I can never afford this price, and thats almost half of my whole money.

Account has been refunded. If you are looking to upgrade, please be sure to look for Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional and not the Dropbox Business plans!   Have a good day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
For that price you havent just accidentally taken a yearly subscription, you've taken out a business one on a yearly plan.

You need to contact support at www.dropbox.com/support which you can then track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com to get it resolved, if it is possible to.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rob_Cash
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@haojiejiang wrote:

Account has been refunded. If you are looking to upgrade, please be sure to look for Dropbox Plus or Dropbox Professional and not the Dropbox Business plans!   Have a good day!

haojiejiang
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I cant believe that Dropbox solved my problem so quickly。Thank you so much!The refund is an important part of my wedding fund。you saved my life from being killed by my fiancee !
Its my first time to use Dropbox and have made some terrible mistakes ,but I will continue to use it,because I know I can trust DB
Thank you !

Best regard

Eileen1966
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I would like to cancel my free 30 day trial . Never used it .

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Eileen1966 - I hope you had a marvelous weekend and wishing you all the best for the upcoming week!

As per your inquiry now, I have two things to point out:

1. If the trial you started was purchased through our website, you should be able to cancel it via your account settings.  On that page you're able to downgrade your account or even cancel your subscription.

2. If you initiated the trial through your mobile's app store though, you should contact Google or Apple and ask them directly since if you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your phone, your subscription is administered by the app store platform and not by Dropbox.

You can view this page for purchases through Google's Play Store or this one here for Apple purchases. 

I hope this helps and please let me know if there is anything more I can do from my end to help.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Need more support?