Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Access Lost - URGENT - Please Advise

Explorer | Level 4

After using DropBox for what I believe to be close to a decade, my entire business is running (or ran if a remedy is not found soon)  on this, I've driven dozens if not more, I'm a partner and loyal user, and done more dropbox support than I can imagine for my own clients. All of the sudden everything is locked and what appears to be unavailable. No phone support is online, no chat support is online, no channel representatives are available. In this situation, with quarantine, global pandemic, and more, this is a catastrophic situation. Please advise, it also appears there is are many others just recently smacked with this or similar situation. 

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Re: Account Access Lost - URGENT - Please Advise

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hi @Andrew V.12; welcome to our Community and thanks for using Dropbox!

As account specific inquiries are best handled through our ticketing system (for security purposes), I'd suggest logging a ticket with our support team so we can assist further. 

You can also let me know the ticket's ID here so I can locate it on our system and get on it if needed. 

Thanks a bunch Andrew! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

I've talked to channel managers, regional managers, partner ticket support, emails, and more. It's 03-26-2020 and still no traction. Ticket # 10432246, the more eyes on this the better I suppose. If this is going to go too much farther then we'll be taking a much different route, than previously mentioned channels. However, I would expect the leader in cloud SaaS space, to react and resolve in such a challenging time. Within one day, one of the world's largest web hosts' entire operations and support personnel were moved virtually. If issues are resolved by Friday, please accept my gratitude for the efforts Walter, and I hope this isn't something that ends up lasting a full week. I can't see this being acceptable by anyone, and I'm being more than patient, but please understand business must continue. 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Perhaps "the rewrite" is the culprit. https://dropbox.tech/infrastructure/rewriting-the-heart-of-our-sync-engine

Sure hope my data isn't going to be compromised. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thanks for keeping me in the loop Andrew.

I passed your additional comments onto your existing ticket so we can have all the relevant information under one place. 

I hope you'll get to the bottom of this soon and, in the meantime, let me know if there's anything else I can assist with. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Noted and thank you Walter, I appreciate your help! 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?