cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Cancelled in Error

Highlighted

Account Cancelled in Error

Helpful | Level 6

Please help me! In ticket #9066805, I asked that my account be downgraded from Dropbox Professional to Dropbox Plus. Instead THE SUPPORT PERSON CANCELLED MY ENTIRE ACCOUNT. I want my account restored to Dropbox Plus, but since I no longer have Plus, I'm reduced this support vehicle.

If someone has Plus or Professional, could you open a chat and refer them to ticket number 9066805 and tell them to read the end of the log. Since Dropbox Professional is incompatible with my Mac, I asked that the upgraded from Plus to Professional be backed out. Instead, in error, he cancelled the whole account.

Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account Cancelled in Error

Helpful | Level 6
Thanks, @Jane @Rich and @Mark. You guys are the best.

Refund issued. Plus (re-)purchased. Everything is back to the way it was. I'm once again am a happy camper and once again ❤️love❤️ Dropbox. 😁

That said, PLEASE NOTE, FOLKS, that Dropbox Professional ONLY works on a macOS system if there is ONE AND ONLY ONE macOS user account on the computer that uses Dropbox. Not upgrading will save people in a circumstance mine a lot of time and frustration.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User II

Can you still sign into the account? Is it just a Basic (free) account now? You typically can't downgrade from Professional to Plus. Instead, when you downgrade, your subscription is cancelled and you go back to a Basic account, at which point you just re-subscribe to the account level you want.

No one else will be able to start a chat session and receive support for your case. All you can do is reply to the ticket and await a response from Dropbox. If Dropboxers @Jane or @Walter see this, they may be able to escalate your ticket.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

I upgraded from Plus to Professional, not realizing that Professional only works on macOS if you have one and only one account that uses Dropbox. Since DB Professional is incompatible with my environment, I asked that the upgrade (and ONLY the upgrade) from Professional to Plus be undone. I didn't want my whole account cancelled, just to go back to the Plus that I had before and that was working.

I don't think this request is unreasonable since Dropbox has NO warnings that upgrading from Plus to Professional under macOS will break Dropbox if there are more than one accounts on the box using Dropbox.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
I have one Dropbox account.

On my home machine, I have three users:

xxxxx - With admin privileges. Dropbox folder is at ~/Dropbox (/Users/xxxxx/Dropbox)

yyyyy - non-admin. Dropbox folder is at ~/Dropbox (/Users/yyyyy/Dropbox)

zzzzz - non-admin. Dropbox folder is at ~/Dropbox (/Private/var/zzzz/Dropbox)

All accounts have their own, distinct Dropbox folders. All used my one Dropbox accounts to sync their respective Dropbox folders (I had Selective Sync set up slightly differently on each account, depending on that account's specific need.)

Everything was working fine until I upgraded from Plus to Professional. In Professional, one is allowed Dropbox on only one account. It works fine on that one account, and doesn't work on the other two.

THERE ARE NO WARNINGS ABOUT THIS WHEN UPGRADING!!! For that reason, I asked that the upgrade from Plus to Professional be backed off so that Dropbox would work the way that it has for years now. Instead, the support person reduced me to Basic, and now I am struggling to get any work done.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Thanks for pinging me here @Rich

Sorry to hear about any frustration caused (@xvzCtBgL). Since we can only look into account-specific inquiries through our Official Support channel (i.e. we’ll need sensitive details that can’t be accessed on our Community), I ran a a search on my end & I located your open Support ticket. 

As I undersrtand that you'd need some additional assistance, I’ve made sure to include a copy of your comments & I've increased your support priority internally. Since they’ve got direct access to your account details, they could best determine the best next steps for you moving forward.

Thanks for bearing with us & for your patience on this matter & I’m always here in case you’d need further assistance in any way!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Thank you, @Jane. I appreciate your sympathy. 

Until last week, I ❤️loved❤️ Dropbox. If asked, I would have rated it 🎖🎖🎖🎖🎖. I would have recommended it to anyone. I have come to depend on it greatly to get my work done.

Then, last Thursday, I made the fatal and regrettable decision to upgrade from Plus to Professional.

I've now spent more than a week just trying to get Dropbox working the way it was before Professional broke it. It has been a frustrating week-and-a-day (so far). So, thank you for your sympathy.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Now do you understand why this frustrates me so? Another week has passed without Dropbox able to get my service running again. I now have to investigate how to open a claim with the American Arbitration Association, as required in Dropbox's T&C. It's simply frustrating. There's no other word for it.

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6

Bumb

Highlighted

Super User II

Sadly @Jane etc. only work week days @xvzCtBgL.

I tried to escalate your ticket last night when you first posted, however, as the people we feed in to also only work Mon through Fri it will be tomorrow before anybody picks it up. Sorry 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Helpful | Level 6
Thanks, @Jane @Rich and @Mark. You guys are the best.

Refund issued. Plus (re-)purchased. Everything is back to the way it was. I'm once again am a happy camper and once again ❤️love❤️ Dropbox. 😁

That said, PLEASE NOTE, FOLKS, that Dropbox Professional ONLY works on a macOS system if there is ONE AND ONLY ONE macOS user account on the computer that uses Dropbox. Not upgrading will save people in a circumstance mine a lot of time and frustration.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?