Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi! I signed for the $9.99/month plan yesterday and today I realised that I don't want to use this plan as the space is much more than I require. Is it possible for me to cancel my subscription and expect to get a refund?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Account cancellation

Super User II
Super User II

You can cancel your subscription, but a refund will only be issued if required by law. When you downgrade your account, you'll prevent it from auto-renewing (effectively cancelling the subscription) but you will keep your account benefits until the end of the current billing term. Since you paid $9.99, you'll remain a Pro user until the end of your billing month.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi @srajitsakhuja, welcome to our forum! 

Our support team can help you with your cancellation, but you’ll need to contact them by submitting a support ticket here

Thanks!

Sanchez
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

You can cancel your subscription, but a refund will only be issued if required by law. When you downgrade your account, you'll prevent it from auto-renewing (effectively cancelling the subscription) but you will keep your account benefits until the end of the current billing term. Since you paid $9.99, you'll remain a Pro user until the end of your billing month.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi there,

How did you get your account cancelled. I am facing the same trouble.  Cant seem to cancel my Dropbox Plus subscription. 

Thanks,

MB 

@srajitsakhuja wrote:

Hi! I signed for the $9.99/month plan yesterday and today I realised that I don't want to use this plan as the space is much more than I require. Is it possible for me to cancel my subscription and expect to get a refund?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

mridu wrote:

How did you get your account cancelled. I am facing the same trouble.  Cant seem to cancel my Dropbox Plus subscription.

What have you tried? If you haven't already, you can cancel/change/downgrade your subscription from within your Account settings.

If you have tried that and it's not working, what happened? What message did you receive?

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
HI
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hey @shum_al, welcome to our forum! Is there something I can help you with? 
Let me know

Sanchez

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

@Rich wrote:

I still cannot find how to cancel my subscription

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
I want to cancel my account
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @Shabelow

Thanks for getting in touch on the Community regarding this query! 

You may keep in mind that if you'd like to a Plus account, you can go here: https://www.dropbox.com/downgrade . 

If you'd like to cancel a Dropbox for Business plan, you can go here: https://www.dropbox.com/team/admin/billing/manage and follow these steps here

Should you need more assistance, please keep me updated here! 
Hope you have a great weekend ahead! 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here]

Jane

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?