cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deleted when removed from a business account.

Account deleted when removed from a business account.

Leonie Gerner
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Giys,

i don't know how it happened but my account got deleted when a client removed me from a business account. I couldn't get hold of my files and workstuff - when I entered my emailadress Dropbox immediately created a new Dropboy Account. I have no idea how to get back to my account and all the stuff which I store there. HELLLP 

greetings from Berlin 

leonie

6 Replies 6

Re: Account deleted

Mark
Super User II

You need to ask the Business Admin to restore the account and instead of deleting it remove you from the Team

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Leonie Gerner
Explorer | Level 3

but how is it possible that someone else is able to delete my personal/private account?

Mark
Super User II

Because if you are in a Business account it isnt your account - it is theirs, it is in their account etc. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Leonie Gerner
Explorer | Level 3

okay - but my private account got deleted aswell ... usually it is not possible, that other people can get hold of it right? 

Leonie Gerner
Explorer | Level 3

like with content from the past years 

Mark
Super User II

Deleting a business account cant delete a personal one as well - the business account doesnt even know the personal one exists. 

However, what CAN is not using it. So if you've not used the personal one in awhile it will be autodeleted. 

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Leonie Gerner Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?