cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account didn't upgrade

Account didn't upgrade

HIDDENT
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there I have upgraded from the free version to paid. I have paid the money but my account is still saying basic. Not sure how to fix this problem.

9 Replies 9

Re: Account didn't upgrade

Jay
Dropboxer

Hi @HIDDENT, thanks for messaging today!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Did you upgrade via the Dropbox site or the mobile app?

According to your card statement, was the transaction made to Dropbox, iTunes or Google Play?

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Paid for upgrade but my account didnt upgrade

HIDDENT
Explorer | Level 3

October 2020 I upgraded my account but I still get notifications I need more storage, I have basically paid for 6 months for nothing. I have had some trauma and didn't pursue this problem until now. I have my dropbox set up using one email address but I received the payment advice on my other email address. I clicked the upgrade link tghat lets you know you are running out of space I am unsure of how this happened. I was using dropbox on my laptop at the time. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Paid for upgrade but my account didnt upgrade

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey @HIDDENT ; thanks for posting on our Community again and sorry to hear you're still having issues with this.

Did you have the chance to go through @Jay's questions? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

HIDDENT
Explorer | Level 3
Hi thank you for responding I paid through PayPal into Dropbox. I think maybe the problem is my email address because the payment processed through my other email address that I don't use for dropbox

Walter
Dropboxer

In that case, you can use our self-served look-up tool to verify if that's the case indeed @HIDDENT

Keep us posted anyhow!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HIDDENT
Explorer | Level 3

I have tried that there is only a nine digit transaction code on my statement. This is so very frustrating that I cant just call someone to fix this. 

Walter
Dropboxer

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues with this @HIDDENT ; may I reach out via email to look into this matter further? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

HIDDENT
Explorer | Level 3

That would be great thank you.

Walter
Dropboxer

Sure ting @HIDDENT ; you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    HIDDENT Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?