cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account info visible in web HTML

Highlighted

Account info visible in web HTML

New member | Level 2
Well there isn’t really a board for this so I’m gonna put it in this forum. What I would like to know is when I am on your website and I check the HTML and actually sit down and read it I’d like to know why it shows my account name and password and email address and all important confidential information multiple times and I counted at least four different times including where I live the country etc. why is this not privatized? Anybody could steal this information! How could I trust dropbox to ever keep my information in my files and documents safe? Do other users and account holders know that they are paying an extraordinary amount of money just to have their data shown and possibly stolen because you don’t check your HTML and source codes? I would like an answer to that before I pay any more money and it would be nice to actually have been able to chat with you or emailed you this question but I don’t have those privileges as it’s a basic account however I do have a business account which I will be cancelling thanks
1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Account info visible in web HTML

Dropboxer

Hi @Airplant; thanks for joining the Dropbox Community and happy Monday!

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to exactly; could you post a screenshot (omitting any personal information) so we can have a visual too?

While we're at it, please specify the exact URLs you're navigating to when you notice this happening and on what browser if possible. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?