cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account recovery

Account recovery

Ijustwantmytapes
Explorer | Level 3

So My password expired on my account and it I can’t access that email because I was about 6 years old when I made it. I’ve been using Dropbox for years but out of nowhere my password expired. Imagine I still remember my email and password for the account but since it’s expired now I can’t access anything from my whole childhood life and have been locked out for months. I just need my stuff back and my account this is crazy

4 Replies 4

Re: Account recovery

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email its not possible to regain access. Sorry. 

Can you not reset up the old email?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Ijustwantmytapes
Explorer | Level 3
No not at all. I made a Dropbox when it first came out and used my very first email back when email wasn’t as important for verification and I can’t get ANY access to it only person had my password is my uncle who made the email for me and he’s dead. If I know the email and password to MY OWN Dropbox why won’t it just let me login to update my email or anything?

Rich
Super User II

@Ijustwantmytapes wrote:
If I know the email and password to MY OWN Dropbox why won’t it just let me login to update my email or anything?

Because your password has expired, and without access to the email address associated with your Dropbox, there's no way to reset your password. With an expired password, and without access to the email address, the only way to gain access to the account would be if you already had another active device linked to the account.

Ijustwantmytapes
Explorer | Level 3
The device is a old iPhone that is broken.. I’m the same owner though An I was logged into my drop box late 2019 on that phone but idk how to access that I even can see the files with my name that I shared with my current Dropbox this is crazy it has the only pictures of my parents in there an I can’t access them this is heart breaking
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ijustwantmytapes Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?