cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account

Account

Nyitrell
New member | Level 2
I’ve recently changed my number and no longer have access to it and was wondering how do I put in my backup codes to get into my Dropbox. I have the screenshot of it but it isn’t prompting me to enter the numbers it is only asking for the six digit code it keeps texting my disconnected number. I tried reaching out to Dropbox but the Bot 🤖 can only do so much. Someone please help.
1 Reply 1

Re: Account

Rich
Super User II

@Nyitrell wrote:
... was wondering how do I put in my backup codes to get into my Dropbox. I have the screenshot of it but it isn’t prompting me to enter the numbers it is only asking for the six digit code it keeps texting my disconnected number.

From here: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/security/issues-two-step-verification#lostphone

Use your Dropbox emergency backup code

You may have set an emergency backup code when you set up your Dropbox account. If you did, you were told to save it for your records. If you still have your backup code, click Having trouble getting a code? in the window that appears when you try to sign in, and then click Enter the emergency backup code and type in your code.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?