cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After downgrading from a Business trial, I've lost one of my linked Dropbox account. Any help?

Highlighted

After downgrading from a Business trial, I've lost one of my linked Dropbox account. Any help?

New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox Community,

I used to have two dropbox 'accounts' (not sure if that is the right word to use?) which were both attached to one email address. One is my personal dropbox and the other is a group one for my church.

In trying to solve a problem yesterday with the church dropbox, the only way forward seemed to be to take the 30-day-free-trial for Dropbox Business. So I did that - and fixed the problem (phew). However there is no way we can afford the ongoing cost of Dropbox Business.

So today I cancelled the trial (using the option "Cancel free trial" under the admin console / billing menu.

This seems to have successfully cancelled the trial. However it appears to have also delinked my email address from the church dropbox. Now I can only 'see' my personal dropbox in both the website and the app version of dropbox.

Dropbox helpfully told me that the files haven't been deleted (and I took a local copy myself anyway just in case before I started all this). But I can't find or think of a way to get access again to the church dropbox.

Any ideas gratefully received for how to resolve this and ideally get back to where I was before selecting the upgrade (i.e. with one email address connected to the two dropbox accounts)

Thanks,

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Lost access to a dropbox

Super User II

Hi @AU_DHB 

The first issue here is you cannot have 2 accounts on one email - so, you need to find out and work out what two emails you used for the Dropbox accounts. THEN you will be able to get back in to them. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Super User II

Hi @AU_DHB 

The first issue here is you cannot have 2 accounts on one email - so, you need to find out and work out what two emails you used for the Dropbox accounts. THEN you will be able to get back in to them. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

Thanks for pointing this out to me. I think I was tricked by the way the interface 'linked' the two together. Fortunately I don't have a lot of other email addresses, so I was able to easily identify the second email address - and it has worked and I was able to rejoin my dropbox.

I really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

Have a great day,

David

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?