cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annual Subscription Issues

Annual Subscription Issues

RobertMills
Explorer | Level 3

Drop Box for Business does not work for our Business. We have a central server at the office and we have employees that work from home. With this set up we are unable to update our server files and have an automatic update to the drop box files. I paid an annual payment, I understand that I should not receive a total refund but I do expect that it is reasonable to issue me a pro-rated refund since I paid for the 12 month subscription. Especially since Drop Box is not compatible with our mode of business operations. Otherwise you will need to put into your contract writing that customers should only pay monthly so that they can discontinue the service and the subscription charges immediately if need be and not over pay for what they did receive should an annual paying customer need to discontinue the subscription early. Please escalate this to an up-line Supervisor for a more positive decision. Should I not receive a favorable and fair refund. I will report my negative feelings to The Better Business Bureau, Google reviews and any other service rating for Drop Box. I will explain this unfair practice of not refunding on a pro-rata basis an Annual Subscription charge. <<snip>>

2 Replies 2

Re: Annual Subscription Issues

Lori
Dropboxer
Hey @RobertMills, sorry to hear about this. 

Let me ask, do you happen to have a ticket number from your communication with our Support team? 

Feel free to send it to me whenever you can.

Thank you!

Lori
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Annual Subscription Issues

RobertMills
Explorer | Level 3
Escalated past the initial drop box service person that I called and pro-rata refund was issued which was the fair thing to do since I purchased the biz edition and it did not work well at all for my biz situation. They do need to make clear that with a central server being updated regularly & remote locations using in the mix , Drop BoxBiz is not a good option. RM
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

RobertMills Explorer | Level 3
    Lori Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?