cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to get a list of all files on my Dropbox account?

Any way to get a list of all files on my Dropbox account?

Satish L.
New member | Level 1

Hi, Is there a way to print the entire list of folders and files within my Dropbox account? Thanks.

24 Replies 24

Rich
Super User II

Not through Dropbox, no. There may be a file utility out there that could do it for you (at least all of the files in your Dropbox folder on your local computer). Try looking on Google.

George C.19
New member | Level 1

I have the same question. I looked on Google and all I could find was a PrintFolder utility that only works on the directories on my hard drive, not on the folders in the Dropbox cloud. I do not have a Dropbox folder on my computer. All I want to do is get -- from my cloud Dropbox folders -- the same kind of file listing I can get for the files on my hard drive (i.e., with filename, date last changed, file size, file type). I want to put this file listing into my word processor or into a spreadsheet. That seems like a very reasonable expectation on my part if Dropbox expects me to back up, for example, thousands of jpeg photo files in the Dropbox cloud. It seems pretty reasonable to me that I should be able to get a listing of what files are available from my backup device.

Tim S.6
New member | Level 1

I have the same problem, and searches have been fruitless for me as well. I spend a lot of time off of the grid. I would like to know how to have an offline directory of my Dropbox files so I know what is and isn't up there (and where) even when I cannot log in (which is frequently).

Charles S.18
New member | Level 2

I treasure Dropbox and would like to upgrade to Dropbox Pro in order to archive files and free up space on my local computer. Freeing up space means selecting to NOT synch most of my local Dropbox folder with my cloud account, otherwise these mirrored archive files would still take up space on my local drive. I envision wanting to know what I will have on the cloud account.  I can make a directory listing of my local Dropbox folder, but that will not reflect the multitudes of files on the cloud and i am beginning to sense that listing the contents of the cloud account is not doable.  Printing dozens of screen captures is not a contemporary solution.  This is a major shortfall in wanting to manage my files on Dropbox's cloud. Is this problem common to cloud storage options or just Dropbox? I am looking for a solution.

B R.4
New member | Level 2

Same here. Not being able to generate a file list is a deal-breaker for my upgrading to Dropbox Pro.

Jack G.6
New member | Level 1

This would be a very helpful feature. At a minimum, I would like to be able to print a list of the contents of the folder and sub-folders. I cannot control how others choose to share/organize data, but I would like to be able to look at it from a top-to-bottom in order to be able to scale the project.

david c.45
New member | Level 2

Yes, another request for this feature. I've got hundreds of image files in a complex nested folder structure on Dropbox, which I don't mirror anywhere else. Dropbox only let's me see the content of one folder at a time, so there's no easy way to the overall structure of the archive or where specific files are without drilling down one folder at a time.

Skip N.
New member | Level 1

One more plea for this feature. Since the other programs can't see the Dropbox, adding it isn't a frill but a necessity.

Ãœma K.
New member | Level 1

Seriously important feature. Sometimes I need to communicate about the file structure/heirarchy as an educational device and showing the structure (nesting directories) is critical in getting everyone on board with file naming and hierarchy conventions. I thought this was an organizational tool. Sometimes it seems more like Whack-A-Mole with the issues that I keep finding. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Lawrence L.3 New member | Level 1
    Tom L.27 New member | Level 1
    Ashley M.17 New member | Level 1
    Daniel W.3 New member | Level 1
    Paul C.68 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?