cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

App Passwords in Dropbox 2-Factor AUTHENTICATION

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Does Dropbox 2 factor authentication allow the creation of APP PASSWORDS (app-specific passwords)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: App Passwords in Dropbox 2-Factor AUTHENTICATION

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for the additional information on this one @Edlasseigne - much appreciated. 

Unfortunately, this setup may not meet the minimum requirements for the Dropbox application to run properly as we don't currently support a native application for printers.

You can review our recommended minimum requirements on this Help Center article

Note that if you're connecting Dropbox with your printer using a 3rd party app or service, your best bet at this point would be to reach out and ask them about this directly. 

I hope this information helps at some extent and keep me posted on your progress. 

Thanks!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @Edlasseigne - how are you today?

Could you please elaborate on what exactly are you trying to accompish or achieve eventually and how would 2 step authentication be a part of that process? 

Apologies for asking, I just want to make sure we're on the same page here so as to send you the most appropriate information.

Thanks in advance for your reply Ed! 

Walter

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2
Some apps on some devices aren't set up to allow codes for 2-factor authentication to by entered after the user's password. Such as the Dropbox app on my new HP printer. Most software companies allow the creation of app-specific passwords to use INSTEAD of your main password, and app passwords work WITHOUT authentication codes. But the Dropbox security section on 2-factor authentication says nothing about app passwords.
Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Thank you for the additional information on this one @Edlasseigne - much appreciated. 

Unfortunately, this setup may not meet the minimum requirements for the Dropbox application to run properly as we don't currently support a native application for printers.

You can review our recommended minimum requirements on this Help Center article

Note that if you're connecting Dropbox with your printer using a 3rd party app or service, your best bet at this point would be to reach out and ask them about this directly. 

I hope this information helps at some extent and keep me posted on your progress. 

Thanks!

Walter

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?