cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Store Payment but no upgrade on space

Highlighted

App Store Payment but no upgrade on space

New member | Level 2

Hi, I made an upgrade to Dropbox Plus, got billed already but the space never changed, I still have only 2GB.
Already got in touch with Apple Store but only Dropbox can solve this.

9 Replies 9
Highlighted

Re: App Store Payment but no upgrade on space

Dropboxer

Hey there @carolinafrota,

Since you upgraded through Dropbox on your mobile device, can you try and restore the purchase through the Dropbox app with these steps:

1. Open the Dropbox app.
  2. Tap on the Account tab (or Personal if linked to a Business account) from the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap the gear icon in the top left.
  4. Scroll to the bottom of the options and choose "Restore purchases".

If you don't see this option then your app might not be up to date and you'll need to update the app to proceed.

Let me know how it goes - thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi there, I tried and I got the following message:

The operation couldn't be completed. (error 403)

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey there @carolinacampelo,

To do some further investigation into this, would you mind if I reached out to the email address associated with your Community profile? If you already have a ticket open with Support for this then please let me know the ticket reference number (eg. #1234567) so that I can follow up there.

Let me know - thanks!

Daphne

Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hey, I didn't open a ticket for this. The email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Thanks

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I've reached out to your email address @carolinacampelo, please just check your inbox when you have a moment.

Thanks!

Daphne

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3
@carolinafrota - did you get a resolution on this. I paid Apple store £8.99 for 30 months for a Dropbox upgrade which I never received. Apple say Dropbox owe me an upgrade, Dropbox say Apple owe me! I’m £269.70 out of pocket and nobody is accepting responsibility despite me have 30 receipts for the payments.
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

@JoAllman in your case you must make a dispute and get a refunf from apple as you purchased it from them even if there is any fault on dropbox end apple should sort it out for you you better try making apple realize their mistake

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Apple absolutely refuse to accept any responsibility. Their App Store supervisor told me it was absolutely Dropbox's problem. They told me Dropbox were lying when I said Dropbox told me to speak to Apple that the problem lies with them. They sent me all my receipts and told me to forward them to Dropbox. Both companies refuse to speak to each other, both companies refuse to investigate how it could have happened and so I'm £269.70 out of pocket. I've paid for something I never received and I haven't even had an apology let alone a refund. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @JoAllman; happy Friday! 

I'm sorry to jump in here; I just wanted to clarify that if the purchase of your Dropbox subscription was done through the Apple store on an iOS device, you should be asking Apple for a refund following these steps: 

If, on the other hand, you purchased your subscription through our website, I'd suggest contacting our support team through an incognito window while NOT logged into any account so we can look further into this. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon anyhow and have a lovely weekend ahead! 

Walter

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?