cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approximately how long did it take for your verification email to deliver to your inbox?

Highlighted

Approximately how long did it take for your verification email to deliver to your inbox?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello! Curious what is the average time of wait? I have an educator/school Gmail account. Thanks!

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Approximately how long did it take for your verification email to deliver to your inbox?

Dropboxer

Hey there @48501690, I hope you're having a good day so far!

You should receive the verification email pretty quickly, did you have the chance to check your junk/spam inbox too just in case it was mistakenly directed there?

If you still haven't received the email, please try adding no-reply@dropbox.com as a contact in your email account and request the verification email again.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Re: Approximately how long did it take for your verification email to deliver to your inbox?

Explorer | Level 3

Hello @Daphne, yes I followed all those steps. I found those on another thread. It also said "If you don't receive an email after a reasonable amount of time" so I was trying to figure out what's a reasonable amount of time. I used the resend button too. It's been now about 12 hours since when I signed up. Thanks for the reply!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Thanks for getting back to me here @48501690!

Most of the time you could probably expect to receive the email within a few minutes, so I wouldn't say it should take any longer than an hour usually.

Since you're having trouble getting the verification email, I'd suggest getting in contact with our Support team so that they can assist you further with this.

You can submit a ticket with Support from here via an incognito window, by filling in the relevant info under the "Submit a Help Request" section.

You'll receive a ticket number (eg. #1234567) which you can let me know here and I can pass along the info that you've already provided me here too.

Sorry that I can't be of much further help from here, but do let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

@Daphne  Thank you! I submitted it as directed. I appreciate your patience. 

My ticket number is 10544037

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?