cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out how our Community members are using Dropbox here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asks me to enter security code, but it always says problem completing request or Invalid Code

Highlighted

Asks me to enter security code, but it always says problem completing request or Invalid Code

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Installing dropbox, I get to the part where the Set Up Dropbox dialog box says Enter your security code. To link your computer, you need to enter a security code. We sent a code to your email address at...

I check my e-mail and enter the code into the box and click on Submit code. It says There was a problem completing your request. If I click on Send new code, check my e-mail, and enter the new code into the box and click Submit Code. It says Invalid Code.

I don't know what to do, as I've tried it 4 times now with 4 different codes, and it keeps rejecting each one, saying Invalid Code or There was a problem completing your request.

The support document pertaining to Invalid Code says to make sure the system clock is correct and time sync is enabled for Android or iOS devices, but I am on a laptop, not a mobile device. I tried syncing the Windows 10 clock just in case, but it did not fix it.

Now after clicking Send new code, I am not getting an e-mail with the verification code.

What do I do now?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Asks me to enter security code, but it always says problem completing request or Invalid Code

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I closed the Set Up screen and re-installed Dropbox, and now it works. Go figure...

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Asks me to enter security code, but it always says problem completing request or Invalid Code

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I closed the Set Up screen and re-installed Dropbox, and now it works. Go figure...

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?