cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you an educator? Well we want to hear from you, so check out some tools we think might help you out here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-renew for an unknown account on credit card

Auto-renew for an unknown account on credit card

Austin23
New member | Level 2

We have received a bill for a yearly subscription on a card that was held by a former employee. For an unknown reason, the card was not canceled when they left the company. We do not know what dropbox account the card is associated with and therefore cannot get through the support request page.

We don't believe that this former employee knowingly used this old card, but we need to have this corrected.

How do I reach out to dropbox to get help with this?

2 Replies 2

Re: Auto-renew for an unknown account on credit card

Walter
Dropboxer
Hi @Austin23; welcome to the Community!

If you'd like to find the email address that's associated with a charge, you can use our self-served look-up tool

If you don't have access to the account in question, I'd suggest using an incognito window without logging into any account to contact our support team. 

When on this page, click on the 'Need help with a billing issue?' button and submit a Help Request from the relevant option at the bottom of the page and input your payment's information along with an email address we can reach you. 

I hope this helps!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Auto-renew for an unknown account on credit card

Austin23
New member | Level 2

I was finally able to get Dropbox's attention through social media and we are working to resolve this.

Thanks.

Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Austin23 New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?