cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Autocharge for dropbox after free trial

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I Have tried dropbox for a trialperiod, and now I see that dropbox have automaticly charged me 199 euros for dropbox. 

I am not interested in paying 199 euros for dropbox. I did not think dropbox was in the business to cheat money from people, because thats just what it feels like. To charge 199 euros without any warning is not okey.

I hope we can solve this matter quick and simple.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Autocharge for dropbox after free trial

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey @stianisten, welcome to the Community!

You got mail!  

Please have in mind that we are unable to take any action related to billing or your account from this channel of communication. We don't see Dropbox accounts for privacy reasons. Get back to me to the email and I will help you sort this out.  

Hope I see you again here with Dropbox feedback or questions.

Cheers!

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I also got charged from dropbox plus after trial, i did cancel the plus service (very tricky dropbox, took me so long to fully complete the cancellation). My account was downgraded to basic for a month ( honestly, i want to permanently delete the account as i have no interest in using it but i cant find how to)
then in Dec, i got charge for dropbox plus again. What?. How could you? so i cancel one more time via iphone subscription which said my account will expire in 14 Jan. Today i got the email about billing again....

Dropbox, if your service is good, people will buy it anyway. Dont make it so complicated by many tricky words to fool people. Im sure it is intentionally to confuse customer on the way to finish cancellation. and if you are not cheating like this, people are more willing to use your service. Now im feeling so negative about you.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

So sorry you feel this way @FN9689

I appreciate your comment in our discussion though. 

For us to actually improve the cancellation process, please let me know specifically the steps that you find confusing. 

I was unable to locate any cases with our support, searching with the address you have associated with your Community profile. Did you contact us after you got charge? If you did I'd be glad to leave feedback to your ticket. I just need the ticket number. 

Did you receive a cancellation confirmation email after you cancelled? 

If you got the confirmation email, you can follow the steps to delete your Dropbox account

Important notes

• Deleting your account would not cancel an apple subscription.
  • When you upgrade your Dropbox account via the app on your mobile device, your subscription is administered by the app store platform, not by Dropbox. Therefore, we cannot cancel your iTunes or Google subscriptions on our end. 

Let me know if you need my further assistance with anything. 

Thank you for your feedback. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Polls
Have you been keeping up good habits while working from home?
We've created a working from home cheat sheet to help keep up on those habits, check it out here.
Need more support?