cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available disk space after downgrading to free

Highlighted

Available disk space after downgrading to free

New member | Level 2

I currently have 17.5Gb of space in my free Dropbox account (most of the extra space is from promotions and only about 1Gb are referrals) i am planning on upgrading to a paid Dropbox account but was wondering what happens to this space if for some reason I choose to go back to the free account. Does it drop back to 2Gb or do I keep my current available space.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Available disk space after downgrading to free

Super User II

@zhenya wrote:

... was wondering what happens to this space if for some reason I choose to go back to the free account. Does it drop back to 2Gb or do I keep my current available space.

You'll keep it. Any bonus space that you have from referrals will double when you upgrade, and will then be halved when if/when you downgrade again. Otherwise, you'll keep any bonus space you earned previously, subject to any expirations that may have been on that space (some bonus space is time-limited, regardless of subscription status).

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Available disk space after downgrading to free

Super User II

@zhenya wrote:

... was wondering what happens to this space if for some reason I choose to go back to the free account. Does it drop back to 2Gb or do I keep my current available space.

You'll keep it. Any bonus space that you have from referrals will double when you upgrade, and will then be halved when if/when you downgrade again. Otherwise, you'll keep any bonus space you earned previously, subject to any expirations that may have been on that space (some bonus space is time-limited, regardless of subscription status).

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?