cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank says the paymant was aproved but Dropbox says I still need to pay.

Bank says the paymant was aproved but Dropbox says I still need to pay.

Fernando Pereira
Explorer | Level 3

I subscribed to Dropbox Plus and it gave me an error, but checking my bank, the money left the account.

I'm trying to contact the Dropbox's support, but I'm unable to see how. Dozens of options and none of them are what I need or let me simply send an e-mail to anyone at Dropbox support.

What can I contact them or solve this issue?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Re: Bank says the paymant was aproved but Dropbox says I still need to pay.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hello @Fernando Pereira, I'm sorry to hear about the situation!

Can you just confirm for me, was the payment made directly through Dropbox, or was the subscription made through the app store on your mobile?

The charge would show it was through Google or Apple if it was through the app store.

If it was directly through Dropbox, is it possible that you were signed in with another account when upgrading?

You can use the lookup tool here to double check which account the upgrade was applied to.

Let me know what you find!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Fernando Pereira
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

It was made directly through Dropbox. I only have one account, the same one I have for years now.

I've been using Dropbox Plus for years but my bank upgraded the security to 3DS, which caused a lot of problems, not only with Dropbox. However, I did what the bank suggested by creating a virtual card to overcome the situation.

I then used this virtual card to return to Dropbox plus plan, but it gave me an error, what I don't get is why the bank says it was authorized and I see a debit of 11,99€ on this card's plafond. 

The bansk says the payment was athorized but I still don't have access to Dropbox Plus. Furthermore, I don't see any billing resgistry about it on Dropbox billing section.

I just want to know if the payment is being recognized by Dropbox. 

Thanks you for reply and consideration for my problem.

Daphne
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional info @Fernando Pereira.

Did you have the chance to use the lookup tool to double check which account the upgrade was applied to?

If it shows the same email address as the account you're using, or you have any trouble with the tool, I'd suggesting submitting a ticket with our Support team.

You can open a ticket by visiting this page, and filling in the relevant billing info under "Submit a help request".

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?