Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Been charged for an Dropbox plus subscription for no reason.

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Hi, I have been incorrectly charged for the DropBox Plus subscription when I have not consented for this, nor did I want it. I did not get any further message noticing me that DropBox is upgrading my basic account to a plus. I want a refund of £9.99 as you guys did not ask for my permission if I wanted a upgrade or not and took my money from me without my consent. 

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Been charged for an Dropbox plus subscription for no reason.

Super User II
Super User II

Dropbox cannot charge you for an account without you initiating it. How did they get your payment info? The only way would be for you to have provided it to them.

Perhaps you signed up for a trial but didn't cancel it in time? Trial accounts are automatically converted into a paid account and charged at the end of the trial. This is something you agree to by starting the trial and providing payment information.

You can cancel your subscription at any time, but refunds are not provided unless legally required. By cancelling, you'll prevent your subscription from auto-renewing at the next billing cycle, and you'll maintain the paid account benefits until that time.

If you beleive there's been a billing error, you can contact Support directly and they'll work with you to determine the issue, if one exists.

Highlighted

Re: Been charged for an Dropbox plus subscription for no reason.

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

In addition to what Rich mentioned, if you are on a mobile plan, such as starting your Dropbox from Apple Store, then you would need to reach out to Apple for a refund. 

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?